Thursday, October 18, 2012

SURPRISE!

Sunday,  October 7, 2012

What a weekend!  We arrived home last Thursday (Oct. 4th) morning at 9 AM....dead tired.  Overnight flying is not for me, plus I have a sinus infection.  Glad we had until tomorrow to recover and start our trip to New York.  General Conference was great....missionaries may now serve at 18 (young men) and 19 for young sisters.  I think that it is wonderful and it will greatly increase the number of missionaries, especially young women. 

The weekend has been really busy.  We surprised Maxine & Bobby (sister & brother-in-law) for their 50th Wedding Anniversary.  She thought we left for NY Friday morning.  It has been hard to dodge her the last two days so we could keep this a surprise.  We even went by their house Thursday night and told them good-bye.  It was great to see the expression on their faces when we walked in at the last minute. 

Maxine & Bobby Jackson

Saying our good-byes today has not been as difficult as I thought it would be.  I know what we are doing is what our Heavenly Father wants us to do and that is a great comfort...and it is for a year not two.  I will have to admit, I will miss my weekly Subway lunches with my sister.  I look forward to our time together and now I will look forward to resuming that when I return. 

No comments:

Post a Comment